AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) is present on newer Intel chipsets such as 975X (ICH7), P965 (ICH8), and P35 (ICH9). AHCI mode is enabled in the BIOS and 3 settings are commonly available: IDE, AHCI, and RAID. The last two (AHCI and RAID) require a driver floppy and the F6 method when installing Windows XP otherwise the hard disks won't be detected.
AHCI mode brings 3 main advantages:
Supports NCQ (Native Command Queuing) allowing SATA drives to accept more than one command at a time and dynamically reorder the commands for maximum efficiency.
Supports hot plugging of devices
Supports staggered spin ups of multiple hard drives at boot time
However, in the real world the performance difference isn't huge.
The problem is that if you installed Windows in IDE mode (i.e. you didn't use F6 and supply a driver disk), then simply changing the BIOS setting to AHCI mode and rebooting will cause Windows to fail and will require a repair install. Most people have been advising to reinstall Windows if you want AHCI enabled.
Here you will find the sollution :
Copy of the article is here (5.07 kb)
How to Use Notepad to Create a Log File
Microsoft Notepad is a word processing tool included with Windows and is installed by default under the Accessories program group. You can use it to create a log-type file that adds the current date and time each time the Notepad file is opened.
To create a log file in Notepad:
Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad.
Type .LOG on the first line (case sensitive), and then press ENTER to move to the next line.
On the File menu, click Save As, type a descriptive name for your file in the File name box, and then click OK.
When you next open the file, note that the date and time have been appended to the end of the log, immediately preceding the place where new text can be added. You can use this functionality to automatically add the current date and time to each log entry.
This cool notepad trick can be used to make daily notes or can be used as a diary also.
You can even press F5 to get the current date and time anywhere between the text.
Change header and footer
Want to get rid of default page header oand footer in notepad?
To do this click on file -> page setup, remove the characters in the header and footer textboxes and write whatever you want.
Also, you can print other information at the top of each printed page in the file.
To have Notepad print information in the header, use the letter and character combinations in the following table.
|Insert the open file's name or "(untitled)" if the file has no name
|Insert the date.
|Insert the time specified by your computer's clock.
|Insert page numbers.
|Insert an ampersand (&).
|Align the header to the left, center, or right.
||&l, &c, or &r
What is is.gd?
is.gd is a service that shortens URLs such as web addresses. This is useful in many circumstances (see below) e.g. in email clients that break long URLs.
For example, you can turn
Their goal is to allow shortening URLs to the maximum extent technically possible.
Uses for is.gd
Here are just a few of the many uses for is.gd's URL shortening service: -
- Shorten web addresses for emails, forum posts, blogs etc. which cannot handle long URLs and might wrap them, making them unclickable
- Lower the character count when texting web addresses to a mobile phone
- Hide the real URLs of affiliate links from visitors to your site
- Obscure your real email address from bots which harvest them to spam (enter an address like mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Circumvent protections on sites which don't allow direct links to a competitor's site (if you are violating a site's terms you do so at your own risk)
- Clean up bookmarks for social bookmarking sites or sites with low character limits like Twitter
- If you dislike a website and have to mention it (e.g. when complaining about it), link via is.gd so that your link does not help the site's search engine positioning
Certain uses of is.gd are forbidden, for example use in unsolicited commercial email (SPAM).