When connecting via Remote Desktop to Windows 2008 server it always fails with the following message:
"Your credentials did not work. Your system administrator does not allow the use of saved credentials to log on to the remote computer because its identity is not fully verified. Please enter new credentials."
This error occurs only when I try to go from domain client computer to non-domain server.
In order to fix this you have to do following:
- Log on to your local machine as an administrator.
- Start Group Policy Editor - "gpedit.msc"
- Navigate to "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Credentials Delegation".
- Double-click the "Allow Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication" policy.
- Enable the policy and then click on the "Show" button to get to the server list.
- Add "TERMSRV/*" to the server list. You can also put their exact server name or for example to enable the setting on all servers in "gsmblog.com" domain you can type "TERMSRV/*.gsmblog.com".
- Confirm the changes by clicking on the "OK" button until you return back to the main Group Policy Object Editor dialog.
- At a command prompt, run "gpupdate" to force the policy to be refreshed immediately on the local machine